Pearl once again redefines the electronic percussion experience by introducing the revolutionary malletSTATION Adjustable Range Electronic Mallet Controller. Designed in partnership with Keith McMillen Instrument, the malletSTATION brings next-generation technology to the 21st century mallet percussionist.
The malletSTATION model EM1 is a full sized 3.0 octave adjustable range electronic mallet controller designed for all players in any genre, from the beginning student through the gigging professional.
The adjustable low note range function allows you to set the fundamental diatonic note of the instrument to what you need—low D xylophone? No problem! The malletSTATION is powered exclusively by Mac, PC, iPad, iPhone, and Android devices through USB Bus Power, allowing performance almost anywhere with minimal set-up and equipment.
Designed in collaboration with Keith McMillen Instruments, malletSTATION’s tech-forward design features KMI’s Smart Fabric Sensor technology allowing the silicone bar material to have an extremely sensitive, natural response, including mallet dampening and aftertouch control, and all can be easily tailored to your individual playing style.
The EM1 features a master control section, with 3 programmable faders, 4 programmable buttons, and the fixed function low note and octave shift buttons. In addition, three assignable pedal inputs allow for flexibility in performance such as sustain, expression, or any MIDI parameter of your choice. These controls are fully programmable through a software editor so changing your configuration is as easy as clicking a mouse.
The EM1 malletSTATION is also the most affordable mallet percussion controller on the market, street priced at just $999. The ultra-thin, lightweight chassis allows for easy portability, and the flexible mounting options provide many different ways of using your instrument. This is the only controller that will grow with you throughout your playing career—from music apps on your phone or tablet, to professional digital audio workstations and sound libraries—your sounds, and even the instruments you play, are only limited by the software you run.
- 43 1.75” (4.4 cm) x 5” (12.7 cm) soft silicone keys
- 3 MIDI assignable faders
- 4 MIDI assignable buttons
- 3 MIDI assignable ¼”pedal inputs
- Bottom Note Range Shift up/down buttons
- Octave up/down buttons
- Natural feeling soft silicone keys, all-weather playing surface
- MIDI Assignable buttons and faders for customized control and functions
- 3 MIDI assignable pedal inputs for expression and sustain
- Steel Chassis Design for durability and stability
- Optional MIDI Expander to use external MIDI Hardware (sold separately)
- Flexible mounting on desktop, X-stand, or module mounts (sold separately)
- Mounting plates, stands, cases, covers, and other peripherals available separately
- iOS compatibility requires Apple Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter (sold separately)
- Full-size USB 2.0 Type-B jack
- Mini-USB for connection to KMI MIDI Expander (sold separately)
- 3 ¼” Pedal inputs (1 expression, two switch)
- “Gap Cap” Accidental note covers
- 3m USB Cable
- USB Bus Power
DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
- 1.6” (4.1 cm) H x 12.6” (32 cm) W x 49” (124.5 cm) L
- 22.5 lbs (10.20 kg)
- Intuitive Online-downloadable Software User Interface for easy MIDI and parameter customization
- Class-Compliant MIDI over USB
- MIDI over 5-pin DIN (via KMI MIDI Expander, available separately)
Specifications subject to change without notice